I was never too big on pumpkin flavored things, but my motto in life is basically this, “if it’s good for my skin, it’s for me.” So after a bit of research, I’m delving into this pumpkin craze with all of you. Ironically, I’m sitting in bed craving the pumpkin tots I made today!
In fact one of the best things about this recipe, for me, is that the pumpkin flavor is very minimal. The prosciutto and the Gruyere cheese are most prevalent in this addictive snack, and the mixture of the two blend together quite nicely.
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup of butter (half a stick)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 cup Gruyere Cheese
4 slices of prosciutto (cooked and chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees farenheight
- Add the milk, butter and salt into a saucepan, and bring to a boil
- Once the water is boiling, reduce to simmer, and add your flour. Fully mix the flour in, and remove it from the stove (it should look like dough)
- Put the mixture into a bowl and use a mixer to blend in your, 5 eggs (mix each egg individually) cheese, maple syrup, and pumpkin puree.
- Put your prosciutto on a pan and start cooking it on medium. When they start to get crispy take them off.
- While your prosciutto is on the stove, grease a pan, and put your mixture into a freezer bag. Cut a slit in the side and squeeze out into balls ( about 4 on 3 rows)
- take your final egg, crack it into a bowl, and add 2 tablespoons of water. Whisk it together, and use this as a baste on top of your tots
- After you baste the tots, add the chopped prosciutto on top.
- Bake them for about 15-20 minutes (I was able to make about 35-40)
- Eat them while they’re hot and the cheese is melty…yum
Looking into the benefits of pumpkins, I found that they’re actually packed with fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids, which increase cell turnover. That means that it helps your skin stay clear of acne and wrinkles! WIN WIN They also contain vitamins A,C, and E.
“The International Dermal Institute.” IDI News » The Benefits of Pumpkin Ingredients on the Skin. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Oct. 2015.
“Go Bold with Butter » Pumpkin Gruyere Gougères.” Go Bold with Butter RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Oct. 2015.