Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither were these muffins! But just like Rome, the wait was worth it. Okay, I’ve never been to Rome, but I’ve seen pictures and the desire is there. Anyway, about these muffins. The recipe is completely my own, so it took some trial and error. First they were too dry, then they were too moist, but I have finally perfected the recipe. Now, the top is crisp and the inside is moist and full of extraordinary flavor. I’m serious, I’ve had 3 within the past hour…
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Full Sticks of Butter Melted and Cooled
- 1/2 Cup Coarsely Chopped Pistacchios
- 1/2 Cup Granola
- 1/2 Cups Coarsely Chopped Fresh Cranberries
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Applesauce
- A Small Splash of Baileys (don’t tell my boyfriend I dipped into his supply)
- Super easy, pre-heat your oven to 375, mix everything together.
- Line your muffin cups with paper liners and cook your muffins for 20-25 minutes.
There is such a thing as having a balance of eating well and treating yourself. As you could probably tell from the ingredients, these are more of a healthy snack. They’re not all bad, though, they do contain cranberries which are packed with antioxidants, and vitamins C and E. The applesauce contains vitamins A, B, and C.